I took an implementation task to install new SAP AS to an existing system. Some of my notes are written here. Below is just overview of actions done for the implementation tasks. It aims to guide other implementer on actions needed to minimize errors in installation.
Action item: This needs follow up update on the solution of common errors and issues. :-) Send me PM to get solution of error if you encounter some below.
A. Pre work
1. Get the SAP system version of existing system SID
2. Get or Download Java installer
3. Get or Download Database installer
4. Get or Download SAP Net Weaver 7.0 EHP1 installer
5. Get or Download kernel version correction for EHP1 - SAP note 1375494
(Example: Kernel 94)
6. Transfer Installers to new Application server host
B. Actual Work
7. Operating system installation
8. Setting up Memory Parameters
9. Install Java
10. Setting up JAVA runtime environment variables
11. Installation of SQL database tools and client components
12. Setting of temp installation directory for MSIEXEC
13. Required parameters before starting installation
14Installation of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1
15. Troubleshooting Start SAP error
C. Post work
16. Adapt system parameter profile.
17. Adapt OSS information
18. Adapt landscape message servers update in the services file
19. Adapt explicit hosts from external network in the host file
20. Adapt external application such as BWA.
21. Functional tests
22. Common errors
22.1 SAPinst Error: Java problems
22.2 MSIEXEC error
22.3 Dispatcher memory error
22.4 RFC error cannot connect to SAPmsSID